Since 1992, Happy Days Children's Charity has been helping families and groups by organising and funding special days and holidays such as trips to the seaside, theatres, zoos, museums, outdoor activity centres, sporting events and other educational and cultural activities for children in the UK living with mental, physical and emotional challenges.
With your help, we’re able to support almost 25,000 children with additional needs every year, removing barriers to give them a chance to get out, make new friends, develop new skills and build confidence in the face of adversity.
As well as helping individual families, we also to offer our support to hundreds of groups such as SEN schools and arrange special days for other charities including children’s hospitals, women’s refuges and victim support services, to name just a few.
It's your kind donations of time and money that make this possible and we're grateful for any support you can give.
OPERATION SECRET SANTA
Christmas can be a wonderful time of year, but for many children and families coping with difficulties in their lives, it can increase feelings of loneliness and despair which can become overwhelming. And this year, circumstances with the coronavirus pandemic have made things even more difficult for struggling parents.
Every Christmas, Happy Days Children's Charity gives thousands of brave children and their families a really special day giving them a chance to get out, have fun, develop new skills and build confidence.
This year we've got loads of activities planned to help bring some vital happiness and hope to really amazing and deserving kids right across the UK, but demand is high and there are many children we are unable to support.
But this is where you can help.
From September to December, we ask individuals, families, groups and businesses to start joining our team of Secret Santa's and help us raise funds or donate gifts to help create a really special Christmas to remember.
However you decide to get involved, we'd be immensely grateful for your support. Whatever you decide to do, get in touch and we'll add your photo or logo to our Secret Santa Gallery to say thank you!
Some examples of how our Secret Santa's have helped in the past:
- Make a donation instead of your office Secret Santa present
- Display one of our Fundraising Christmas Tree Posters
- Do a sponsored Autumn or Winter walk or run with My 5K's for Happy Days or March of the Elephants
- Hold a Christmas Jumper Dress Down Day in your office.
- Donate a Secret Santa present to us and we'll pass it on to a child
- Contribute towards a panto place
How your support has helped children previously:
- £50 helped us to give a child going through bereavement counselling a day out to see a panto at a local theatre with his grandparents.
- £300 helped us give a disability support group a special day of Christmas stories from the Big Book Man.
- £1000 helped us give a entire SEND school a special panto theatre day in their hall with a visit from a travelling theatre company.
For more information or if you think you can help, contact Rob or Nicky on 01462 530710 or email us at email@example.com for help and information.
Because what a difference a day makes…
Happy Days Children's Charity