Based on over 35 years of experience of Simon Wheatman, a Chartered Town Planner, who has worked in local government planning departments before joining one of the leading firms of independent consultants. In 1997 he established Wheatman Planning Limited and now leads a small professional team.
All consultants are Chartered members of the Royal Town Planning Institute and also have previous experience of working in local government planning departments at senior levels.
We have extensive experience of holiday park projects for clients ranging from national companies, banks to family-owned parks.
Since the 2018 HPI show, our holiday/lodge projects have included:
- Planning Permission for the first phase of 19 lodges for a lodge development & instruction for the next phase
- Implemented the first phase of the redevelopment of a 50 unit static caravan park
- Planning Permission for 25 static caravans extension to a holiday park
- Instructed to prepare a scheme for the expansion of holiday lodge area at a golf complex
- Obtained a variation to a planning condition, enabling an extended occupancy period
- Planning Permission for Manager`s Dwelling on rural Home Park
- Various site assessments
We provide a range of services to help realise your development potential:
- Initial Site Appraisal
- Pre-application Discussions with Planning Officers
- Public Consultation and Exhibitions
- Negotiations with Planning Authority
- Preparation of Planning Application
- Design & Access Statements & Planning Reports
- Environmental Impact Assessments
- Planning Appeals - Written Representation, Hearing and expert witness at Public Inquiries
- Local Plan Representations and Hearing Evidence
- Due diligence on site acquisitions and compliance monitoring
Holiday Park clients have included Richardsons Leisure, Coastfield Leisure, Somerleyton Estate, Parkdean Holidays, Quintain Estates plc, Lloyds Bank Private Banking and Henham Estate and numerous family owned parks. Projects are nationwide, including Huntingdon, Yorkshire, East Sussex, Kent, Suffolk, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Hampshire and Norfolk.
We are members of the CLA.